The big mistakes most marketers are making is worrying about spam when in fact they are getting way too many spam or throwaway email addresses.
To make your life easier, follow these simple guidelines to get people to submit primary email addresses.
1. Provide proof of value BEFORE you ask for a name- You can still offer an ethical bribe in exchange for an email address but the more someone is sure they will be getting content they want the more likely they will be to offer up the more valued primary email address. Don’t think for a moment that visitors will see your value and then take the time to resign up with an email they check more often. Intentions don’t mean much compared to action and we all get side-tracked too easily.
2. Offer a time-sensetive reason to help the prospect see they will be missing out on fleeting opportunities if they give yiou an email address they don’t check often.
3. Spell this out. Great marketers try to lead you to a decision to act but they ALWAYS spell out exactly what to do next. We send out a lot of last-minute invitations which are very time sensitive so be sure to enter a primary email address you check often. Use the word primary because if you remind folks they are giving up their personal email address they become more guarded.
4. Add a little more to your “we hate spam” message. Say something along the lines of, “You never need to worry about spam with us. We hate it so much we doubled the size of our unsubscribe link.”
5. Remember that mobile and facebook sign-up buttons are great for getting primary email addresses. Most users find it too difficult to manage two emaill addresses so the one-button sign ups on facebook and mobile devices usually are set to give out primary email addresses. Also, try to develop special apps or campaigns designed just for use with mobile devices
There are of course lots of other ways to massively increase your open rates. The next thing to master is writing subjectlines that practically force people to open and read your emails. This is easy if you know the secrets which I have shared in a killer video called Simple Subjectlines!
It’s only $27 and if it helps boost your open rate just 1% it’s worth 100 times the price. To learn more about how you can get MUCH higher open rates GUARANTEED, visit: